Friday 18 July 2014

You Beauty Discovery July 2014 Unboxing

I wasn't all that excited about this months YBD when I saw the selection to choose from, but then quickly decided to try something a bit different for me and pick products I wouldn't normally use.


Both products I choose are from a brand called Tan Organic. Their products are made from 99.6% natural ingredients, which contain no parabens, preservatives or artificial drying agents. Is the world’s first and only Eco-certified self-tanning brand. Ethically made, Environmentally Friendly & PETA approved.

My first item Self Tan Original is a 100ml bottle worth £19.99!! Already a huge saving from the price of the box at £6.95. I'm not much of a fake tan user but seeing as its summer and I'm paler than pale I thought I'd give it a go....why not right? The idea is that you apply the product with a tanning mitt and leave it for a few hours or overnight to develop then wash it off the next morning to give a lovely natural caramel shade. If you prefer a darker shade then reapply. Contains enough tan for up to 6 full body applications.
The second product I choose Arganic Body Oil is also 100ml and has a retail value of £24.99! I have to say I did not expect these products to have such a high retail prices, I only checked them out properly once the products had arrived. Lets hope they live up to the pricetag!
Arganic Body Oil is a multi-purpose dry oil made with a unique blend of natural plant oils with a subtle fragrance of roses. It can be mixed with foundation for a smooth application, use it in your hair for soft silky locks or use all over the body to help prolong your tan. Can also give improved overall appearance to scars and stretch mark as well as using to relieve sunburnt skin.

The extras for this month are:
Agent Provocateur Fatale Eau De Parfum 2ml which to me has quite a strong musky smell not really to my liking.
Egyptian Magic All Purpose Skin Cream 3ml - I have a few of these sachets now, its a great product for using on dry skin or if you suffer from eczema.
Dove Men +Care Pro Moisture Shave Cream 50ml - I was a bit surprised to see a men's product included in a women's beauty box. Obviously intended to share with a boyfriend/husband - but I guess it can be used on the legs for those who do not have a partner.
 

 Overall I'm very pleased this month and glad I decided to pick some products. YBD are extremely good value for money, and remain one of my fav boxes.



2 comments:

  1. I've not heard of this box before but it looks great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend it. for only £6.95 a month (cancel anytime) you choose 2 products from a list they provide and then get a few little extras too x

      Delete