Wednesday 26 March 2014

Glossybox UK March 2014 Unboxing

I gave in to temptation and finally signed up to Glossybox!  A beauty subscription box service that gives you 5 beauty treats each month for £10 + p&p.  I had been debating joining for a few months now.  I had read so many bad reviews of people getting cheap poundshop brands or small sachet samples or perfume samples that can be picked up in department stores for free.  But lets face it there are a few beauty boxes on the go that give perfume samples in boxes.  I agree its not fair when you are expecting 5 luxury high end brands and end up with something you can pick up for free yourself.  So why join now I hear you ask?  Well despite the worry of getting 'free samples' a lot of the boxes contained products that looked not half bad and I would use.  At the end of the day its about the quality of products not the quantity or size of products.  As long as the overall value of the boxes are more than I pay for them, then I'll be happy. 



So I signed up for the March box hoping against hope that I would get the product that stood out in everyone's boxes for me, in the colour I longed for.  That product is the Shimmer Powder by Bellapierre Cosmetics Ltd.  This item alone covers the cost of the box.  A full size retailing at £12.99.  The colour I wanted is called 'Sensation'.  And I got it! :-)


Now for some this colour may seem boring or unusable.  But for me its the kind of shade I would get the most use out of.  It's a glittery white colour which is shimmery when applied.  The Shimmer Powders are a multi-use product.  Can be mixed into blusher, nail polish or lip gloss.  I will be using it as a highlighter or adding it to the corners of my eyes when I do a 'smokey' look.


Next up is a product that will make me the envy of many...sorry ladies I really didn't think I'd get this in my box, but have to say I'm pleased I did.  Maitrise du Temps by Helenere is an intensive serum which claims to moisturise deeply while preventing skin ageing and adds skin elasticity to give a brighter complexion.  This product is full size at 10ml and cost £38.50!  I love that it comes in a dropper form, its makes for easier application.

Others received perfume samples or sachets of fake tan - which I think is very unfair as the price comparison of these items are nowhere near the same value of the serum.  I do hope Glossybox add an extra item next month into the boxes of those who didn't receive the serum to make up for the difference in box values.


I'm getting more and more into anti-ageing products.  I'm coming up for 27 and apparently women should be starting to think about using anti-ageing products from 25 onwards as that is when your skin starts to change. I'm not sure about the truth behind this claim as aging affects everyone differently but its always a good idea to start thinking about it sooner rather than later.  It's also important to have a healthy diet as the food you eat can change the way your skin looks aswell.  




Next out the box is a Sleek MakeUP Pout Polish in 'Bare Minimum'.  It's a tinted lip balm which moisturises while leaving your lips with a hint of a sheen. I'm kind of glad it doesnt add much colour to the lips as I prefer a more natural look on my lips.  Again this is a full sized product £4.49 for 10g.



Dove is a brand I've used before but only their soaps and shower creams.  This Intensive Repair 60 Second Treatment Shot is as you would expect a hair treatment.  I used it this morning and although it has left my hair soft I'm not sure I would buy it again.  There are many expensive hair treatments on the market so this one is good value for money with full size being £1.49.  Would be good to take away on holiday instead of packing a larger product but it seemed too much like a normal conditioner to me. 




Last is the product I'd use the least.  Body Cream from Mitchell and Peach. Containing English honey, organic cocoa, vitamin B5 and shea butter.  I can't quite decide what it smells of but it's not a bad smell.  I will use it but not something I'd be rushing out to buy again.  This is the only sample size product in this months box.  Full size is 180ml and costs £36 making this sample worth £8.




Overall I'm very happy with my box this month and hope Glossybox continue to impress me.  Total value of my box is £65.47 (mostly due to receiving the serum)


Leave a comment to let me know what you thought of this months box. If you got the March Glossybox did you get the same products? Were you happy with the selection this month? 








No comments:

Post a Comment