Friday 19 September 2014

Birchbox UK September Unboxing

The theme this month is 'Happy Days' - reminiscing about the happiest days in our lives from school days to weddings.  It's all about capturing happy moments and making new ones so Birchbox have included a cute little photo clip in every box plus a voucher for Photobox to create your own photo keepsake. I love the box design this month, the lid can even be used to display your own favourite memory!



This month subscribers got to choose which ModelCo product they wanted to sample. I chose the Powerlash Black Mascara 5g which retails for £24 full size 10g. I have just run out of my Benefit They're Real Mascara so this product comes at the perfect time for me to try. The other option was a Lip Lacquer available in two different shades.

Next up is the first product that ALL subscribers will receive. Benefit It's Potent Eye Cream 3ml (RRP £25.50 for 14.2g).  I'm no stranger to this - I was lucky enough to get my hands on Latest in Beautys Collab box with British Beauty Blogger back in May in which this product featured. Its a small pot but a little really does go a long way with this eye cream.

 Another product that all subscribers will get to sample this month is Agave Healing Oil Treatment 4ml (120ml £16).  I love hair oils so this is going straight into my bathroom to use! This lovely little oil also doubles as a hydrating body oil.

 Korres Citrus Showergel 50ml (250ml £8) I sampled the body milk in the same scent previously but didn't think much of it. I normally like cirtus scents but to me this one is more of a manly scent so I might pass on using this product.

 The lifestyle extra this month is a packet of Urban Fruit. I got to try the Mango. These are very yummy and I have already devoured the packet!


My box should contain Skin & Co Truffle Therapy Serum, but unfortunately this is missing. I have been in touch with customer services end of last week and a replacement should be sent out soon. Here's hoping as I was really looking forward to trying this product.
UPDATE: Just received an email to say the sample is out of stock so I will not be getting to try it. Disappointed Birchbox. They did however credit my account with 50 points to use in the eshop.

If you'd like to sign up to Birchbox please use my link HERE and we will both be rewarded with £5 worth of points to spend in the eshop. New subscribers this month are guaranteed a Beauty Blender worth £26!

2 comments:

  1. Such a shame you didn't get all your products!

    Stephanie
    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3436251
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a bit disappointing but i guess these things happen, but nice of them to give me some points! Hopefully I will get to try the serum in the future x

      Delete